A Primary Care Provider (PCP) is the family doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider
at your medical home who takes care of you and your family. Your PCP gets to know
Think about where you and your family get healthcare now. Do you want to stay with
that doctor or clinic, or do you know another doctor or clinic that you like? Call
that doctor or clinic or the Illinois Health Connect Helpline at 1-877-912-1999
(TTY: 1-866-565-8577) to see if they are part of Illinois Health Connect.
This call is free.
If your doctor or clinic is part of Illinois Health Connect, you can pick them as
your PCP. You do not have to pick the same PCP for all members of your family. If
your doctor or clinic is not a part of Illinois Health Connect, we will help you
choose another PCP.
When choosing a provider as your PCP, think about:
- How far am I willing to travel to see a doctor?
- Is there a doctor I already like?
- Do I (or a family member) have any special health needs?
- Do I need a doctor who speaks a certain language?
- Is the provider I want for my kids in the All Kids program?
Search for a provider online